Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Quilt Pattern for Fussy-Cutters!




Are you a "fussy-cutter?" I won't bother asking if you're a fabric collector. Duh! My new pattern has 18 pages of idea photos and how-to photos. This quilt is fun and easy to make. It's a great way to feature the "Best Of" your fabric stash. And it gives you another reason to shop for those awesome novelty fabrics.

This is a fun project for a guild workshop or small group. Participants can trade scraps. The way I like to do it is to have a community scrap table in the workroom where people can browse and take what they want. Take a look.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pattern, Karen! And having seen the quilt in person, I know it is a winner!

thepiececorps said...

Wow, you have really come a long way since Franklin, Tennessee! Barbie who is still collecting selvages!

June Calender said...

Although I mostly don't buy novelty prints, this is a really clever idea. I'd love to see one of these quilts "for real". Maybe I can think of a version for my collection or oriental patterns.

Nedra said...

Wonderful new pattern Karen! I don't have hardly any novelty fabrics, and am quite envious of your collection. Children would really have a fun time playing eye-spy with your quilt.

FabricFascination said...

Very impressive Karen, and a wonderful way to use scraps.

JoAnne in southern California said...

So cute! Thanks for making a pattern, I've wanted to make one since you posted yours here quite awhile ago. I've just placed my order, thanks!