Saturday, November 26, 2011

Amelia's Mosaic Gingerbread House


This is my wonderful niece Amelia from Vermont. Yesterday we had 21 family and friends (and girlfriends and boyfriends) at our house for the 25th annual Gingerbread House Day, always the day after Thanksgiving. When I saw her amazing mosaic house I knew I had to get a photo for you! The ghostbuster face is on her shirt, not the house.  :)

Amelia is sweet and kind, smart too. A 14 yo, she likes to paint, write, do theater lighting, travel, read and learn about government. She's been a page at the VT state capitol. And of course she's made a quilt.

Here are some more of the houses created yesterday. My sister Eileen bakes all the gingerbread pieces and facilitates the whole thing. By New Year's Day she will have made over 150 houses. Her all time record for one Christmas season is over 400! (P.S. Eileen is not Amelia's mom. I have 2 sisters, and a brother...lucky me!)






(Photo by nephew Sam Lovett)

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lynn said...

What a fun tradition!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Love your tradition. All the houses look great.

Poppyprint said...

I've been looking forward to these photos again this year. Wonderful houses! Does your sister have a commercial bakery? That seems like an awful lot of gingerbread baking!

Becky said...

Fabulous!! What a great tradition. How did the tradition start? There must be a story. The gingerbread houses, what happens to them?

Unknown said...

yours gingerbread houses are very very cute !!! ADORABLE ! BRAVO ! I would like to see them in front of me !!!! here in France we don't use to do it but I think it would be so good to do it !

FlourishingPalms said...

Talent runs in the family I see! Amelia's houses are adorable and she's prolific! Thanks for sharing.