Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Selvage Misprint and Winners Announced

Linda from Iowa (and the Flourishing Palms blog) sent me this photo of a selvage misprint. At first glance you might guess that it was a Bostonian using his phonics skills to spell "Garden," but then the whole name would be "Gaden Paddy," so that can't be it. Haha. Thanks, Linda.

A friend once told me that she and her husband were not up for pizza and beer because they were watching their "cobbs." Wha? You know, short for carbohydrates. Well duh.

***
Congratulations to the 3 winners of Quiltmaker's "100 Blocks:"
  1. Ulinkap in Poland. Szycie Uli.
  2. Judi in Virginia, Karate Quilter.
  3. Anya in Pennsylvania, Hills Creek Quilter.

More giveaways of beautiful quilting books coming soon. So stay tuned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They must not have a fabric spell-checker... LOL!

Congrats to the winners!!!

Judi said...

Thanks Mr. Random generator! I'm looking forward to getting mail!

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

I doubt it is uncommon since much of our fabric is printed in non-English speaking countries.

I made a selvage check book cover yesterday with an Alexander Henry cobweb fabric that is printed as "on the weds" :)
Sharyn

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations to the winners!
I am inspired to try something with selvedges, so after I get finished with the gifts I started, I can try my idea.

Debbie