Friday, March 26, 2010

Selvage Quilt by Anya of Pennsylvania

Anya of Wellsboro, Pennsylvania just finished this selvage quilt. She used the quilt-as-you-go method, and she doesn't recommend it. "Too many issues" she says. I'll take her word for it.

Another interesting fact is that she used the selvages from 72 yards of fabric to make this quilt. I had no idea! (Her friends contributed selvages, of course.) Nice job, Anya.

You can read more about this project on her blog: http://www.hillscreekquilter.blogspot.com/
Also see her group blog: www.randomactsofstitching.blogspot.com.

8 comments:

Poppyprint said...

Uhhhh...wow! 72 yards. That's incredible.

FabricFascination said...

How cool that she kept track of the yardage. I always wondered about the quilt as you go method, it seemed cumbersome to me.

Betty said...

Awesome quilt... And just think how many selvages get put in the trash can. I started saving mine some time ago, hope to make a rug some day.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I saw it on Anya's blog - it is nice isn't it. I was glad to win your book on Jackie's site and looking forward to seeing it.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Unknown said...

Wow, that's so incredible!

Quilting Queen said...

Patience, thy name is Karen. It looks great..colours blend well.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Anya's quilt is just beautiful!

Tamonster said...

BEAUTIFUL!