Sunday, January 3, 2010

Barn Quilts and the American Quilt Trail

Suzi Parron of Stone Mountain, Georgia is a lover of barn quilts. She's writing a book on the subject and posts her progress on a blog: "Barn Quilts and the American Quilt Trail: Making my way across the country documenting this grassroots art movement." You can hear her enthusiasm in the quote below:

"By the time I got to Woodstock, I had seen about 800 quilt barns! Hard to believe, but true. And still--when I round a corner and see a great barn with a beautifully painted quilt, I say to myself (aloud, mind you). Oh, WOW."
See her blog at: http://americanquilttrail.blogspot.com/ Maybe leave a note of encouragement too.
The barn in the photo above is in Woodstock, New York. Photo by Suzi Parron, of course.

5 comments:

Vivian said...

I'm so glad that you wrote about Suzi. I did too this week, and so did a couple others. There can't be too much publicity about someone with such an interesting project in the works. As I'm typing this, she has 35 followers. Hopefully she'll get a lot more.

whitey said...

My love of barns and of quilts this is one I will be buying!I wish I was brave enough to try it, my mother's home has the perfect spot do do something like this.

stufenzumgericht said...

Hi Karen,
what a great Link, I've posted it immediatly on my blog, so that many readers can participate and see the barns with quilts!
Yours, Martina

jen duncan said...

Out here on the CA coast, I've never even heard of this! Thanks so much for putting it in front of us.

Cheryl said...

I have a friend who painted a quilt on her barn. I've sent her the link. It should be a great book.