Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sylvie's Toy Sewing Machines

Sylvie from France saw the recent post about toy sewing machines and she wrote this:

"I had a toy sewing machine too, and I found the same one (above) for my daughters on 'EmmaĆ¼s' (a sort of flea market for homeless people in France) for 2€! It does not really sew, but you can play with wool. It is very appropriate for my young daughters! They like to sit next to me when I 'play' with my sewing machine."
"I have another toy sewing machine, which can actually sew (above). I'm sure my daughters are going to be sewing addicts, just like me!"
I'd say there's a very good chance of it, Sylvie! Thanks for sharing.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How cute!!! My very 1st sewing machine didn't have a needle or thread. It had glue cartridges! As you pressed on the foot peddle, the fabric would move and glue would penetrate the 2 layers. I had to let it dry before I could use it, but I remember having sew much fun! Wish I could find one now for decor!

eileensideways said...

i saw a joke today that reminded me of this post:

What is the difference between a sewing machine and a woman jogging?

A sewing machine only has One bobbin.

lol

Bella said...

Hello! I bought the yellow one for my daugter (second hand), but I don't know how to use it. How shoud I put the lower yarn? I don't have any guideline. Thank you if you can help me, I am from Finland!