Sunday, May 3, 2009

Julia Wood's "Tic Tac Tomato" Selvage Quilt!


Julia Wood has made another amazing selvage quilt, "Tic Tac Tomato." (Remember she recently made the beautiful "Green Zinger.")
This is what she had to say about it:
"This is a 12" x 12" art quilt. The selvages form the tic tac toe grid. I stamped the tomatoes with real tomatoes and fabric paint. Then I appliqued them to the grid. The quilt also features beading (for seeds), puff paint (for mayonnaise), and lots of hand quilting using embroidery floss."
I wish I could have seen her "stamping the tomatoes with real tomatoes and fabric paint." I keep trying to imagine how she did it! Those beads look just like tomato seeds! And that mayo! And all that quilting! Incredible, Julia! This is delightfully and exceedingly creative.

4 comments:

Kathi's Kreations said...

TOO CUTE!!! Love the tomatoes!

Mandy said...

What fun! I love the way the whole piece is constructed. Using real tomatoes to print! No wonder they look so real.
A wonderful piece. Thanks for sharing.

Jean said...

Interesting quilt!

Carrie P. said...

Fun little quilt.