Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Urban Inspirations Quilt Show - Part 4

Here it is again, my "Red Zinger" selvage quilt! I just want to make sure everyone sees a selvage quilt. That's one of my missions. It's surprising how many men stop and take a good look at it. And yes I did wear my selvage vest. It was wonderful to meet so many selvage quilters!!

I also brought the fan quilt (above). I called it "Firing on All Cylinders."


I made a bunch of mini quilt cabinets and pin cushions for the Boutique.


My favorite vendor was there: Pat Yamin of "Come Quilt With Me." She brought a big supply of templates that can be used to make one-patch quilts (like in her book), or whatever you like. I got an "Ice Cream Cone" template set. It looks like a thousand pyramids, but with one curved side. She also had fabrics, patterns, tools and a beautiful display. I took a photo of her selvage Tumbler quilt. (above) She'll be at Quilt Pacific coming up soon. Check out her website at: http://www.comequiltwithme.com/.


The big prize ribbons were made using Mark Lipinski's Katmandu fabric, embellished with embroidery and beads. Very pretty.

2 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love quilt show. They're so full of inspiration and really get my creative juices flowing. You know...I attend the National Quilting Association's show in Columbus, OH each June. I can't ever remember seeing a selvedge quilt on display. Perhaps you could change that!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Karen - June Calendar showed a photo of your quilt at this show on her blog yesterday ~ it's wonderful!

I've finally started on my selvage table topper ~ will share photos soon!

Thanks for sharing the show pics with us!