Friday, March 13, 2009

Tote Bag by Kathi Price



Kathi Price of Frisco, Texas made this beautiful tote bag, her first selvage adventure. I love that blue and white striped fabric she used to bind the top. The selvages arranged diagonally look great and I like how she cut the fabric with the cartoons nice and wide so you can see the pictures. Great job, Kathi!
-
Kathi has been sewing since she was 12 years old, and quilting for about 10 years. Check out her other creations on her Etsy shop at http://www.kathip22.etsy.com/.

8 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

LOVE IT! And that stripe is just perfect.

Elena said...

Perfectly gorgeous! What a fun bag--it would start conversations wherever you go!

Anonymous said...

Another fabulous product. I'm dying to try this out. Must make some product first before I play but lordy knows I need a use for my bits.

Helen said...

Really cute

Cindy said...

You're right, Elena, not only is this a great tote - what a great conversion piece.

Can you imagine the conversation if you carried this to the quilt shop or to a sewing/quilt festival?

Bonniedoo said...

That tote bag by Kathi just takes my breath away!! Guess what I am going to make next!!!!!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

The diagonal stripe is so effective! Glad to have found your blog - after my first selvedage project I am sure to get inspiration from your site!

jen duncan said...

Super job!! I'm still in the collecting mode :-) But someday I'll be joining the ranks!